We are currently accepting reservations for Autumn 2021 and Winter 2022. We will accept reservations for Spring and Summer Quarter 2022 starting on February 1.
Our space is for you, the University of Washington campus community. We make our meeting spaces available free of charge for activities that contribute to the intellectual life of the university.
First priority goes to Simpson Center projects and activities, second to other scholarly groups related to the humanities, broadly envisioned. When space is available, we welcome other UW and community groups, including reading groups, workshops, seminars, dissertation defenses, and departmental retreats. We ask that you follow our guidelines and leave the space as you found it.
Learn about our rooms below. If you’d like, call us first at 206.543.3920 to see if your dates are available. Not sure if you’re eligible? Please ask.
As we re-open to events, The Simpson Center for the Humanities will be following the University of Washington requirements for Fall 2021 in-person events. Visitors to the Simpson Center must follow UW COVID Prevention Guidelines, including wearing an approved face covering. Current UW affiliated guests must sign in with their UW NetID. Guests who are not current faculty, students, or staff must show proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to the event or visit. The Simpson Center may ask for additional precautions and information from event organizers using our spaces.
If you anticipate attendance that exceeds 50% of capacity, is publicized, or includes either food or alcohol, please submit a COVID Prevention Plan to email@example.com.
- Lecture hall (Communications Building room 120) [Capacity 95] - Available at 3:30 pm M-F, all day Sat/Sun
- Seminar room (Communications 202) [Capacity 35]
- Reading/reception room (Communications 204) [Capacity 35]
- Collaboration studio (Communications 218D) [Capacity 18]
- Classroom (Communications 226) [Capacity 50] - Available at 3:30 pm M-F, all day Sat/Sun
Maps and directions
- To request to be listed in our web calendar and weekly newsletter, submit your event information.
- See our funding and co-sponsorship information.
- We do not typically provide A/V support, staffing, or planning assistance for unaffiliated events.
For additional information, contact the Simpson Center at (206) 543-3920 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
On very rare occasions, we must release reservations in favor of events we are sponsoring or hosting. We will make every effort to help with rescheduling.
By submitting this request, you agree to follow all Simpson Center facility policies and UW food, alcohol, and space-use policies.