Projects planning to invite visiting speakers to the UW might consider creating information packets for their guests. Below is a list of items you might want to include, when relevant. Items that the Simpson Center can provide are noted below:
- You are welcome to use Simpson Center folders for your information packets. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 days in advance to make arrangements for pick up.
- Create an itinerary for your visitor(s), including confirmation numbers and contact information for your guests’ onsite point person/people.
- Campus maps may be obtained through UW Creative Communications online or in select copy centers. A small fee may apply.
- Any publicity material related to the speaker’s visit – if flyers, posters, programs, etc., have been created in conjunction with the guest’s visit, it's nice to share such materials. If materials were created by the Simpson Center, we can supply these.
- Travel reimbursement form, if necessary
- We will provide copies of Simpson Center materials, such as bookmarks, our fact sheet, and our newsletter
- Wi-fi information, if relevant
- Campus visitor guides are available through the UW’s Information & Visitors Center
- You may also wish to include additional materials from your campus unit.
We recommend that information packets bedelivered in-person to the visitor upon their arrival or dropped off at his/her hotel to be received upon check-in. Please make arrangements as relevant to your guest’s schedule.