Large Scale Collaborations
Applications accepted for both fall and spring funding rounds.
Description: Large-scale collaboration grants enable faculty and graduate students to pursue extended crossdisciplinary and crossdepartmental collaborative projects in research, teaching, and/or public engagement. Large-scale collaborations may include research inquiries that are linked to cross-departmental curriculum development, for instance, and/or a complementary series of public lectures. Activities may be designed to develop new programs of study at the University of Washington, or to prepare the foundations for major grant applications to national foundations.
Criteria: Large-scale collaborations must be faculty-led. Projects that integrate research, teaching, and/or public engagement dimensions are encouraged but not required. Projects entailing collaborative research must note the intended forms of its dissemination (e.g, an edited book, a website). Intended outcomes may
Terms of Award:
Awards of financial and administrative support vary. Requests typically range between $7,000 and $15,000.
Fall 2016 note: Additional funding available through a partnership with the UW Population Health Initiative.
- Proposal Narratives (limit eight pages) should address:
- Near-term and long-term project goals
- participating persons and/ units
- activities to be funded
- anticipated outcomes
- scholarly, public, and/or institutional significance
- Budget should detail anticipated expenses. (e.g. stipends or honoraria, travel, accommodations, curricular or promotional materials, hospitality, and facilities rentals) as applicable, as well as other confirmed and anticipated sources of support.
- C.V. Include organizer(s) curriculum vita(e). Limited to five pages per organizer.
Learn more about Large-Scale Collaborations.