The Simpson Center maintains four event-hosting spaces:
- Communications 202/204, Seminar room and reading/reception room: Designated for seminars, speaker events, working conferences, board meetings, and receptions. Capacity of 16-35. Regular working groups and smaller meeting groups should plan to use Communications 202/204 during “non-prime time hours”—before 3:00 pm, or after 6:00 pm—or reserve the collaboration studio, Communications 218D.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Simpson Center lounge and seminar rooms (202/204) are the only Simpson Center spaces that permit and support food service. No exceptions.
- Communications 226: Classroom seating for 45, with moveable chair/desk combos. Available weekdays after 3:30 pm and all day weekends.
- Communications 120: Lecture hall with fixed seating for 95. Available weekdays after 4:00 pm and all day weekends.
- Communications 218D: Collaboration studio with moveable furniture, computer workstations, and a smart TV; capacity of 18.
To reserve space:
- For funded projects (Graduate Interest Groups excepted): Please contact your Simpson Center primary contact to request space.
- Graduate Interest Groups: Use the online space request form (through Catalyst web tools) or call the Administrative Coordinator at 206.543.3920. Identify your group when booking space. GIGs may also book their events in other on-campus or off-campus spaces that fit their needs.