Spring Funding Round Application Deadline: May 2, 2014
This year’s submission deadline for the Simpson Center’s Spring Funding Round is May 2, 2014. Funding covers the term July 2014-June 2015. Applications will be accepted beginning April 2.
Scholars considering applying for funding for collaborative projects (conferences, speaker series, etc.) are encouraged to review the Center’s “Before You Apply” online toolkit. It includes an overview of roles and responsibilities, budget-building guidelines and sample budgets, and information to help you consider your project’s publicity needs.
This spring, the Simpson Center will accept applications for the following funding categories (please note that, while the Simpson Center accepts grant applications in both the fall and spring quarters, some categories are only open during one funding round. Spring-only categories are noted below):
- Colloquia and Conferences range from speaker series to international research or working conferences.
- Crossdisciplinary Research Clusters aim to seed new collaborations between faculty and graduate students who share research interests.
- Graduate Interest Groups (GIGs) encourage crossdisciplinary collaboration among graduate students through organized readings, screenings, dissertation working groups, or other activities. *Spring submission only
- Large-scale Collaborations fund extended, crossdisciplinary collaborative projects.
- Public Scholarship: Community Engagement grants support projects which promote collaboration between scholars and community partners in education, governmental, non-profit, and grassroots organizations.
- Full Professor Crossdisciplinary Conversation Award supports research projects of a faculty member at the rank of Professor who would benefit from cross-disciplinary engagement with a faculty member in another field.
For more information on each of these categories, including a detailed description and list of application requirements, materials, and instructions, see Apply for Support.
To review a list of grant categories open for Fall application, click here.