Full Professor Crossdisciplinary Conversation Award
Applications accepted for both fall and spring funding rounds.
Eligibility: UW faculty at the rank of full professor, working in humanities discipline or on a humanities-related topic may apply; UW faculty of any rank, in a discipline, department, or field other than the applicant’s may serve as a crossdisciplinary consultant/collaborator. Applicants may or may not have previously worked with their proposed counterparts.
Description: The Full Professor Crossdisciplinary Conversation Award supports research projects that would benefit from cross-disciplinary engagement with a faculty member in another field.
Terms of Award:
- Faculty applicant: This award provides an incentive to your collaborator; it confers no additional release time or funding for you as the applicant. The award can supplement a Society of Scholars Research Fellowship, if held by the applicant simultaneously.
- Your faculty counterpart receives a research budget in the amount of $1,500.
Note: The Simpson Center can assist you in identifying potential faculty counterparts for your project.
- Proposal Narrative. Limit 500 words. Describe your research project in language clear to non-specialists. Describe what the faculty counterpart can contribute to your project.
- Applicant’s curriculum vita (limited to five pages)
- Counterpart’s curriculum vita (limited to five pages)
- Letters of Support. Include a letter of support from your proposed faculty counterpart that outlines his or her understanding of the project and his or her specific intellectual contribution to its development.
Full Professor Crossdisciplinary